Friday, January 8, 2010

Can you layer cabbage rolls in a roasting pan?

I am making cabbage rolls today for a family function and I want to make a large roaster full, so I would like to layer them so I get more in a pan. This is because I will not be able to cooke multiple pans on the day I need them. Most recipes on the internet say that you should place them in a single layer.


Do you think I can safely double them up without having them break all over and cause a big mess?Can you layer cabbage rolls in a roasting pan?
yes--I layer mine. Might help to use toothpicks to hold your cabbage in place.





They will cook faster in a single layer---if you do the math, you might find that you can still get as many baked whipping them out of the oven sooner than layered pans.Can you layer cabbage rolls in a roasting pan?
My mother-in-law's recipe calls for them to be layered, then she would cover the pan bake them slow, sometimes overnight. At least 6 hrs. Hers were the best.
I think it should work fine, just take a little longer to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment