Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you apply a printed logo underneath a layer of polyurethane?

I'm builing a beer pong board (sweet, I know!) and I want to apply a printed out logo underneath the layer of polyurethane that will be applied as the top layer. I have the logo on my computer, but I need to know what the best material to print it out on is, and the best way to adhere it to the board before sealing it in. Thanks!How do you apply a printed logo underneath a layer of polyurethane?
I did a similar project, and what I did was printed it out, then transferred, by tracing it to my surface and then painted it free hand. Let dry in good shape, 2nd coat and let it dry overnight. Then applied my urethane, several coats of that as well. I did this on some stair treads and it is holding up quit well under a lot of use. If it's a logo that you can't trace then the material would have to be something other than paper because it won't hold up to the urethane.


Good Luck %26amp; don't loose (too much) Hope this helpedHow do you apply a printed logo underneath a layer of polyurethane?
You need to find a surface to print on that won't be damaged by or discolored by the polyurethane. I would go to a print shop (or a place that also does printing, like a stamp store, a trophy store, or a T-shirt store) and see what they recommend. If you don't need it in color, another option would be to print it on vinyl.
You are building a beer pong board?Do you have photo paper for your printer?use a couple small strips of double stick tape to hold the logo in place while you put the polyurethane on.

No comments:

Post a Comment